Just a couple of reminders for you all:
- Wet Weather Hotline – 9847 6764 for training and game day cancellations. Save too your mobile phone or visit the beecroft website.
- ELV Seminar – Thursday 12th of February @ Kings School Pennant Hills Rd Parrammatta. Starts at 7pm in the AJ Fupper Hall. All players and coaches are encouraged to attend to learn the new rugby laws so we can hit he ground running.
- Register now on-line – https://secured.3pmarketing.com.au/InfraSport/beecroftcherrybrookrufc/
- Registration night – Friday 13th of March @ Epping Pub Waratahs vs Brumbies 7.40pm kick off (free beer to those who are registered).
- Grading Day – Sunday 29th of March @ Epping Pub (free beer to those who are registered)
- Player recruitment – Speak to your mates and bring them along.
- Coach recruitment – We are looking for forwards and backs coaches in 3rd’s, 4th’s and 5th’s. Please get them to contact me.
- Sponsorship – Please let us know if you have any contacts. We are looking for financial and product sponsors.
Please forward this email onto those I have missed.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to get in contact with me.
We are updating out database can you all please forward your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from el Presidente
Players, Coaches, Sponsors, Supporters, Friends and Family,
Firstly, as your new President, I wish to say from the outset bring on 2009, it promises to be full of laugh’s and winning Rugby.
For those players and supporters I am yet to get to know personally I am sure 2009 will give us ample opportunity to do so but to give you an insight into my background and history with Beecroft I thought I might share a snap shot of it with you. I commenced playing with the mighty Croft at age 14 under the tutelage of Steve Broughton Rouse. 16 years ago and we are both still here. Over the last 4 years I have been on the Beecroft Rugby Committee in many capacities. I do not take this role lightly nor do I enter it green. Hence I have surrounded myself with the right people to assist me in taking this club to an even higher level.
I also wish to thank Dylan Schofield for his commitment, passion and enthusiasm he has shown the club over the years and wish him well on his travels.
Steve Broughton Rouse has confirmed he will be back steering first grade in 2009 and club coach and on behalf of the Club, Steve we thank you for this ongoing support, time and effort you give to the younger generations within the local community in shaping not only our Rugby but our lives outside of Rugby.
Formally your Beecroft Committee is as follows:
Vice President and Sponsorship Chairman – Kieran O’Connor | 0404 056 089
Treasurer – Gregg Levett | 0418 449 905
Secretary – Scott Cumming | 0423 512 028
A special note too also mention Mayor for Hornsby, Nick Berman, has agreed to be Club Patron in 2009 – So his support and insight will be invaluable.
Also other members of this committee with dedicated roles are:
Tom Kennedy, David “Manchild” Hayes, David Levett, Peter “Pastel” May, Peter Kelly, Dean “B00bs” Berkhout, Ben “Fred” Usher and Johnny Ryan.
We still have roles to fill so if you would like to support please speak to either of your committee members, we are especially looking for some Colts and women to get onboard.
We are looking for financial sponsors and volunteers to lighten the work load so if you know anyone or are keen to assist let me know. It cost around $75000 to keep Beecroft firing a year.
Our next committee meeting is January 12th, if you wish to have anything added to the minutes please contact us.
It is only 4.5 weeks away before your lungs start burning and lactic acid builds up in those legs. From now until our first training run on January 28th I encourage you to start some form of training as the ELV’s this year will change the way Rugby is played at a subbies level meaning fitness and recovery times are crucial to winning on a Saturday. AND DON’T FORGET TO RECRUIT YOUR MATES !!!!
On a final note I and the Committee wish you and your families a merry Xmas and festive new year. Please stay safe and drink responsibly.
Feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss anything at all or have any sponsorship leads.
I look forward to sharing 2009 with you.
Yours in Rugby,